Here are a few ways we collect your information and the types of information we collect. We may also obtain information from other sources. We may take that information and combine it with information we collect about you. Information we collect may be in the form of personal information or anonymized data. Anonymized data may be in the form of aggregate data. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our products and services. This Policy does not restrict or limit our collection and use of aggregate data.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
We collect personal information you give us. These are the general types of information we may collect from you:
REGISTRATION AND PROFILE INFORMATION.
When you register, to receive information, to participate in our events, we may collect various kinds of information about you. For example, we may collect your name, postal address, phone numbers, fax numbers and email address; your log-in ID and password; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information linked with your profile like comments you may post.
SUBMISSIONS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.
From time to time we may use surveys, contests or sweepstakes requesting personal information. Information we collect may include demographic information, information about your personal interests and your feedback.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT.
When you visit our Sites or use our services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Sites or use our services, your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the Web site you visited before our Site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites. We may tie your IP address to information we automatically collect on our Sites. We may also tie information we automatically collect with personal information, such as your login ID and information you give us at registration. We use our own products, and products of third parties acting on our behalf, to analyze, optimize and improve our Sites, including our products and services.
We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. We also use Web beacons to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Sites in the ways we tell you in this Policy. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Sites, products and services;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- contact you to request feedback about your experience with our products and services or learn about your demographics, preferences and interests;
- provide and deliver our products and services you use;
- send you information related to our products and services you use, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and our selected partners;
- anonymize and aggregate personal information for different purposes. This could include things like market analysis, traffic flow analysis and reporting, and to deliver relevant advertising and information based on click stream data;
- customize or personalize your online experience, for example to pre-populate forms and display relevant content; and
- customize or personalize advertising and communications to bring you relevant information about products and services that may interest you.
We may also link, combine or supplement your personal information with other personal information we get from third parties such as a business directory. We do this to help understand your needs and provide you with better products and services. We may also use your personal information in other ways than as listed here, in which case, we will inform you.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- in an aggregated form that does not directly identify you;
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- publicly when you choose to sign up community sections of our Sites where certain information you choose to include in your profile will be displayed to others along with posts, comments and other content you choose to share; If you use a bulletin board, blog, or chat room on the Sites, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers such as email service providers, marketing service providers, blog service providers and forum service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable measures to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.